A postcard of the St. Joseph's Girls College in North Bay from 1958 stirred memories of former students when it was shared on the A Bit of the Bay Facebook Group by member Brigette Tessier Labby Aug. 1.
Patty Frawley said she loved her high school years there with Paula Wallin saying the same and the two former school-mates taking the opportunity to wave hello to each other. And then Cathy Brideau, formerly Cathy McDonald, telling Paula that she's often thought of her over the years.
"Wonderful time at a great school," wrote Maria Ammerata. Jane Todd-Vandale said she spent "four wonderful years there."
Cecelia Mckenzie wrote she made "wonderful friends and wonderful memories ... would ot trade those years for anything. So lucky to attend a school that was sitting on one of the most beautiful pieces of property on Lake Nipissing. The place is still lovely as it always was."
Some of the other comments included:
- Lois Maunsell Loved my education at this school best memories awesome school and teachers
- Carole Lucenti Pucci I loved going to St. Joseph's College. I especially liked Sister Mercedes.
- Robin Wright-Calvano Lots of happy memories with good friends over the 5 years I spent there!
- Anne Clayton The Best years of my Life ! Greatest School Great Friendships and Comradeship! Wonderful school those who went there became friends for life! Wonderful education!
- Beverly Peters Hi to all my former classmates. Spent 5 years there, great memories.
- Mary Kolz Spent 15 years of my life there. Five of those attending high school, another ten teaching at the high school. Wonderful memories. Renovations now happening are for even more senior citizen apartments to be ready for occupancy come early winter.